Imagine

Imagine
Image from https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0e/Stipula_fountain_pen.jpg

Tuesday 14 April 2015

New Story Update!

Hey Everyone! :D

It's been awhile but I haven't been slacking around...much. As mentioned in my previous blog, I have been working with another writer on a new story. We finally managed to finish a chapter! Hooray!! :D So I will be sharing it with you in my next post, just after writing this one. :)



Here are some details about the story and the writers as well as the processing of this writing:

Story detail:
The title of this story is: The Best of Both Lives By Tarana and Mica (Name of co-writer)

The genre we are looking into here are Sci-fi (something that I haven't ever done before so I am interested in doing so now), light romance (keeping it Halal of course), fantasy (there will be a hint of fantasy) and that's all.


The two main characters John and Elizabeth are based off a show my co-writer is a fan of. However, note that this story is not a spin-off or fanfiction based on that story. We are only using the names.

The story would also be in different Points Of View (POV) so that we can explore the other characters thoughts and emotions as well. When we talk in their POV it will still be in the third person so that the writing form does not change.

Also each chapter would be written by both me and Mica by taking in turns and switching through each paragraph so we can add what we please and also discuss future ideas too befor incoporating it in the story.

Co-writers:
Obviously you know that I am writing this story. I haven't ever explored the sci-fi genre until starting this story. If you know one thing about me, it's that I love to learn new things, in anything. So this was no different. My co-writer encouraged me to explore this genre in more depth. I will be reading about sci-fi in more detail to help me to understand it in more detail about this subject in the future. :)

My co-writer, Mica, is a wonderful person whom came had an encounter with through - http://cowrite.net/ I have mentioned about this website before, in another blog as well as this one. From this website you can meet many wonderful writers and even start your own co-writing. I suggested this to Mica, whom I was talking to over at cowrite, and she agreed upon doing a writing co-write with me and since then (and my last post) we have both been discussing ideas.

Mica is a major fan of The Stargate Antalantis series, so be sure to check out her links which I would add at the bottom of this overview so you can get to know more about Mica. She is a writer mostly focusing on sci-fi which she helps me with as I do with fantasy where possible. :) A real collaborative writing wouldn't you say? :)


Process of writing the story:

As mentioned above, Mica and I both take in turns to write each chapter by writing in paragraphs and sending it to each other. We discuss our thoughts and ideas of each chapters beforehand so we can understand each other and add what we feel would be good content to the story.

We discuss the publishing of each chapter to be monthly. Just as we finish each chapter we will try and publish it monthly if possible.

Well that's all for today's post I shall now publish the first chapter.

Take care all and think positive

Tarana xoxox

Links to my co-writer, Mica:
Live Journal: Click Here
Blog: Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment